Please share and sign!!
The last petition which I shared around facebook about the Tripa Peat Swamp Forest in Sumatra, gained enough signatures to help push the government to investigate the companies involved in illegally destroying the forest for development. You can, and have helped to make a difference.
Aceh is now preparing to open over 1.2 million hectares of protected forest for the development of mines, plantations, roads, logging and palm oil expansion. Sumatra is the only place in the world where elephants, rhinos, tigers and orangutans live together in the same forests. They will all be pushed further towards extinction if this plan goes ahead.
So please take another few minutes to sign this petition:
- URGENT CALL FOR ACTION – 4 day “fax-a-thon” to save beyond 1.2 million hectares of forest in Aceh Province, Sumatra (endoftheicons.wordpress.com)
- PRESS RELEASE: Aceh plans to clear 1.2 million hectares of protected forest trigger alarm over increase in landslides, floods and other natural disasters. (endoftheicons.wordpress.com)
- Large blocks of Sumatra’s endangered rainforest may be put up for mining, logging (aboriginalpress.wordpress.com)
- Large blocks of Sumatra’s endangered rainforest may be put up for mining, logging (news.mongabay.com)
- Pictures: Saving Sumatra’s Orangutans (news.nationalgeographic.com)
- Indonesia’s Aceh Province: Now Open for Logging. Say Goodbye to Orangutans (gettingonmysoapbox.wordpress.com)