March 21 has been designated an International Day of Forests by United Nations General Assembly. Most people are aware that forests deliver various benefits to the society from timber to habitat for many species to maintaining regional climate to influencing water cycle. It’s also obvious that forests are among some of the most threatened ecosystems in the world and they need our protection and appreciation. Check out the front page of our blog for articles we posted previously on forests. Below included are some posts from around the web dedicated to this date.
But first a beautiful video from UNEP.
- March 21, International Day of Forests: Letter of support (climate-connections.org)
- International Day of Forests, FAO (fao.org)
- Reducing Emissions from Deforestation (panda.org)
- Celebrate International Day of Forests (envirothink.wordpress.com)
- U.S. Forest Service recognizes the United Nation’s first International Day of Forests (fs.fed.us)
- Forests in a Warming World (blog.nwf.org)
- Forests, nature’s green factories (sciencelens.wordpress.com)